Monday, August 10, 2009

Why I have a blog

I’ve been asked several times over the past few months why I don’t have a blog. Up until recently the only reply I could give was ‘I don’t think I have enough to say’ and that was a good enough answer. So what happened that changed my mind? One of my boys, pog, lost his best friend, ht, to a massive heart attack. It didn’t take me long after that to decide I wanted to start a blog for several reasons.

Not long ago the opportunity came up for me to meet pog in person and I suggested he bring ht along. The three of us meeting, spending time in person and being able to physically play out many of the things we’d been talking about for months…was almost a dream come true for each of us.

Five days before we were scheduled to meet, pog got word that ht had collapsed. Two hours later I got a text message from pog that ht never recovered. He’s devastated, that’s a huge loss in his life. The two of them have been friends since a very young age.

I only knew ht through talking to pog, he and I had texted a few times, he sent me pictures of tasks he did for me. I not only considered him a friend but a very willing and compliant sub. It took me by surprise how hard it hit me when I got the news about what happened.

To a small degree, I owe the start of this blog to ht. I feel that the boys I play with deserve recognition and the confirmation in black and white that their presence in my life means something. I will miss him dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment